Friends of the Supergrid is co-organising a special session on the evolutions of offshore and HVDC grids at the IEEE EnergyCon conference. This session is organized in collaboration with the FP7 project Medow (http://sites.cardiff.ac.uk/medow/).
The objective of this one day session is to debate the current state of the art of and ongoing developments in the field of offshore grid developments, and the prospects of expanding these grids into HVDC grids. This special session brings together the different stakeholders and highlights the challenges towards future deployment.
The session consists of two panel sessions before noon with world experts in the field, bridging industrial experience and academic challenges.
Participation fee for the one-day HVDC Workshop: 95 EUR, including lunch, coffee breaks and networking reception.
To participate in the HVDC Special Session on April 7:
- Go to and create a user account on http://www.conftool.com/energycon2016
- Proceed to the ‘Register as Participant’ page
- Select the option ‘HVDC Workshop’ from the list of participant categories
- Proceed to the next page and flag the ‘HVDC Workshop’ checkbox to register for the event
- Proceed to the payment page. The event is charged at €95.